Suppress and reconfigure RAID and change RAID LEVEL

• Hello.

After a big headache i just want to share with OMV community my experience on suppres/create raid and change level.

The base was :

- OMV3 with 4 disk in RAID10 EXT4 and OMV system on Flash usb stick

The result : Since you dont restart the NAS it works, if you experience an power loss the system dont restart (USB flash DEAD). I discover later that a extra plugin exist ofr USB flash, but in dont have time to loss in testing

The solution : Transform RAID10 4 disks in RAID5 3 Disk + real hdd for the system.

The major problem was (IN 2.0 or 3.0) that you cannot suppress and recreate MDAM RAID via the OMV gui IF YOU KEEP THE SAME DISKS.

To make it possible you have to do :

- backup all datas you need
    - suppress all the reference to share in all plugins
    - Open an SSH shell
    - stop the array (mdadm -S /dev/md*)
    - write some ZERO on all disks (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd* bs=1M count=1024) one command per disk
    - suppress mdadm config file (rm /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf)

- reboot

- reconfigure what you want

The SUPERBLOCK method doesnt work (mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sd*)

And if you want to be sure to read datas on another system (partedmagid boot disk) just use EXT4 and you can see your DATAS even you dont have the complete raid group disk.

• Installing flashplugin takes less than minutes. No need to test it, it has been tested...
    But you choose...

HTH

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!