Thank you once again

• The other day my OMV emails me and tells me that a drive in my 3 drive RAID 5 is failing SMART and failure is imminent. So I order a new drive, back up the data on the RAID, and ask here (just to be sure) what the recovery procedure is. The answer is pretty simple, so even an OF like me is not intimidated. The new drive arrives, I pull the failed one and replace it with the new one, wipe the new one with OMV, and hit "recover" in RAID management. A few hours later, my RAID is back, not a bit of data lost. This morning my OMV emails me that my "spare drive" is missing. Back here to the forums and, lo and behold, Wastlj has instructions for how to fix it. I try to do it through extplorer (I like GUIs, sorry) but, for some reason, it won't work (it has before). So I'm back here to the forums to find out how to edit from command line and presto, ryecoaaron has precise instructions for how to edit the very file I need to with nano.

All of this is, frankly, amazing. I want to thank Volker and all the mods (and other users) here for such a fine product and helpful community. What you have done and continue to do is extraordinary. I just dropped another 20 in the kitty.

BTW, I still think you guys need to improve your Distrowatch rankings.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!