Odd/Broken login screen

• I disagree. It isn't the plugin's fault that Plex doesn't put the database in the application directory specified. The plugin can't really do anything that I consider a good solution to fix this. Plus, the OS partition is too small. This wouldn't be an issue if there was no data partition on the SD card (which is what OMV recommends).

I'm sure you are correct, by 'plugin' I actually meant Plex itself - it wouldn't be a problem if it was possible to choose the DB location from within Plex.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've done a search in the plugins listing, the only thing that come up for 'flash' is folder2ram - is this the plugin I need?

No. folder2ram is not what you're looking for.

First you'll need to install the OMVextras plugin. To get that plugin, click the link following to download the file.

**For OMV 3.x (erasmus) - omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb

Put the file on your desktop.

From the OMV web GUI, in the <SYSTEM>, <PLUGINS> window, click on "Upload". Browse to the downloaded file, click on it, and OK. (I know this is an odd way to get a plugin. However, you'll only have to do it once.)

Now, you'll have omvextrasorg 3.4.25 available in the plugins window. Install it. Once it's installed, on the left hand side of the OMV GUI, you see <OMV-Extras> under the <SYSTEM> menu. Click on it. Make sure you have the top 2 repo's enabled, OMV-Extra's "Stable" and "Testing". Save the changes.

After that,, your plugins window will be populated with a lot more plugins that, previously, were not available. At this point, you'll
    have access to the openmediavault-flashmemory 3.4.3 Install it.

After it's installed, you'll see "Flash Memory" on the left hand side of the GUI, under "<STORAGE>. Click on it.
    Note the installation instructions and read them carefully. Enabling this plugin will do you no good if you do not do the manual edits to etc/fstab. Trust me, if you're using flash media and you want it to last, you need to do this.

Also, after everything is configured the way you want it, you need to back up your SD Card. It's easy to do. If you need help with what to do, let me know.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!