Trying to view my NAS files through windows explorer

• Ok So i am very new to Linux, so please excuse my ignorance. I built an OpenMediaVault on a very nice machine I built myself called it Hostname NAS-DG. I put it on a 128SSD crucial M4, and just put 1 drive for now during this test phase that has 1.5 TB called Movies. I can see both drives under Physical Disks, I can see under filesystems my device /dev/sdb1 with the label Movies, file system NTFS, Mounted yes, Status online. Under Shared Folders I can see Movies, with privileges set to Read/Write for 2 users on 2 different computers. User A can connect to the NAS-DG through explorer by supplying their credentials, I was able to once I did check off remember my credentials and then changed my password and I am wondering if that's the problem? when I click on NAS_DG I get a message that states:

Windows cannot access \\NAS-DG
    You do not have permission to access \\NAS-DG

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

thanks,

Drew

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @920 2.67GHz
    Linux 5.4.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

• I got it working, I believe the problem lies with ticking off the "remember my credentials" tab and then changing my password. So i disconnected the NAS from my network and then reconnected it then attempted to log on again and the credentials link popped up and I was able to log in.

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

• Sorry SerErris for not seeing your question earlier. Yes the disc I put in was an existing disc from my windows machine formatted with NTFS and I was just running through test.
    I was planning and have since bought 3=WD2TB Red HD's and made a Raid5 with Ext4 file system.

Drew

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!