Replicate the omv system configurations (config files etc..) so that users, groups, acl etc too will be identical?

• I have two the same machines on different places.
    Machine 1:
    - in My home ( I`am Administrator, i add user, permiossion itd)
    - my phone move photos/videos to the Machine 1
    - Machine 1, copy photo to Machine 2 (backup)

Machine 2:
    - in Friend home ( I`am Administrator, i add user, permiossion itd)
    - friend phone move photos/videos to the Machine 2
    - Machine 2, copy photo to Machine 1 (backup)

My question is:
    - is there anyway to replicate the omv system configurations (config files etc..) so that users, groups, acl etc too will be identical?

example:
    - I add user "David" and set him on samba/ftp permission to the "photo" folder in Machine 1, and automatic set the same action on Machine 2

I found the same question, but nobody answer ....

I have two raid arrays in two servers replicated using RSync. it works fine. My question is that is there anyway to replicate the omv system configurations (config files etc..) so that users, groups, acl etc too will be identical?

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there anyway to replicate the omv system configurations (config files etc..) so that users, groups, acl etc too will be identical?

Not really. You could setup one system and then clone it to the other system but that would have issues since the data hard drives are different.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!