Slow file polling with OMV 3.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will 2.x run on installed wheezy, upgraded to jessie, maybe to stretch?

Nope

is this a 'common' 3.x problem?

Not on any of my systems and I can't reproduce it.

just told me months ago that there would be something easily available

To get good samba logs, you have to enable logging on the samba settings tab and enable it on individual shares.

I think the main problem is samba4 vs samba3 but I haven't found anything to change. I just know my servers work well. Just tested it while my kids were watching movies on the same server (different drive).

• Just tested it while my kids were watching movies on the same server (different drive).

Is this a 10GbE backbone at home or just VM to VM running on the same host?

Anyway, I wanted to focus on common things and relevant reports when people post 'issues' (eg. one of the threads above started with Raspberry Pi weirdness running OMV 2.x before it got transformed into an OMV 3.x/PC thread). The list above is way too short but at least all those users have rather old CPUs. And maybe @Backupmaster now also confirms another common symptom being high %iowait which can be caused by slow local storage (that's why iozone numbers would be great always) and/or some unfortunate settings (eg. small buffers and therefore the smbd daemon serving the client in question creating an artificial storage bottleneck).

At least the following information should be collected IMO:

• OMV installed from OMV ISO or on top of a random Jessie install?
    • CPU type including /proc/cpuinfo output
    • uname -a and if not a standard kernel contents of '/boot/config-$(uname -r)'
    • Samba's testparm output
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Is this a 10GbE backbone at home or just VM to VM running on the same host?

This was VM to VM but the server does have a 10gig card in it. I just don't have a 10gig switch.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!