Missing Array after replacing Faulty Disk... :(

• Ok, so as per standard procedure (As far as i know), i had an issue with a Faulty Disk (sdc - SMART showing bad sectors), So powered off, removed old disk, Replaced with factory new, and fired up. Came up ok, Went into Raid Management, Selected Recover, and added the new Disk.

However Rebuild failed, ending up as "Clean, Degraded".

Replaced original sdc, and thats where my issues seem to have started...

I now seem to be completely missing the array. System recognises all Disks as present.

Array should be sda/b/c/d

I do have a backup, however it will take several days to re-build. Any way i can salvage this one??

Thanks
    Paul

• Just to add a little more....

I have re-installed the latest version of OMV on the boot drive in the hope it may help (and rule out any issues with the OS itself). No joy i'm afraid :(

However, I can see all the disks in "Physical Disks" - all present and correct, verified by :

And also from what i can see these also exist when i run a BLKID command...

However, No Raid array appears in my Raid Management Tab :(

To make things worse (just checked), My backup drive, which was only "backed up to" 2 weeks ago now refuses to boot, so this IS the only full copy of the data i have :(

Anyone any advise please????!!! To say i am more than a little concerned is a massive understatement :(

Thanks again
    Paul

• ok - Things looking a _little_ better....

checked here : New 3.x build, old 2.x RAID1 - how

Where it suggests "mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sda /dev/sdd --verbose --force"

So - Added the drives, and kinda bingo.....

mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd --verbose --force
    mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127
    mdadm: /dev/sda is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 0.
    mdadm: /dev/sdb is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 1.
    mdadm: /dev/sdc is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 2.
    mdadm: /dev/sdd is identified as a member of /dev/md127, slot 3.
    mdadm: forcing event count in /dev/sdb(1) from 62395 upto 62819
    mdadm: forcing event count in /dev/sdc(2) from 62395 upto 62819
    mdadm: clearing FAULTY flag for device 1 in /dev/md127 for /dev/sdb
    mdadm: clearing FAULTY flag for device 2 in /dev/md127 for /dev/sdc
    mdadm: Marking array /dev/md127 as 'clean'
    mdadm: added /dev/sdb to /dev/md127 as 1
    mdadm: added /dev/sdc to /dev/md127 as 2
    mdadm: added /dev/sdd to /dev/md127 as 3
    mdadm: added /dev/sda to /dev/md127 as 0
    mdadm: /dev/md127 has been started with 4 drives.

Now the drives are present. Next problem is to find the Shares on them.....

• So - After finding that there are issues with Running Arrays created on V2.x on V3.x (as in shares not visable), and this being the case, I put the V3 build aside, and Installed V2 on a new Drive, Booted, Could see the array, and then managed to rebuild the Shares. Had some issues with permissions, however all now good, and am successfully backing up onto a fresh backup disk before re-formatting and creating a new Array on V3 and re-adding the files :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!