[Solved] iTunes disconnect from OMV

• Hi

As the topic says, iTunes disconnects every few minutes. This happens when playing music and when on idle.
    what's causing this?
    Thanks in advance
    I'm on latest iTunes and Mac Pro ML 10.8.4

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V Pentium G620 @2,6GHz - 8GB RAM - 60GB System SSD - 5.71TiB Total Capacity

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von disruptorx ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you are using AFP? Did you look in the system logs (authentication, messages, or syslog) for any error messages?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems there are quite a few problems with AFP. I'm guessing because the package is old in omv/Debian Squeeze and from changes in OS X/iTunes that the old package isn't keeping up with.

forked-daapd has an issue with iTunes 11 and I was able to compile a newer version on squeeze/omv.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

Going to be tough to do on Debian Squeeze. I search everywhere and tried many times to compile my own package. The compiling generated errors I couldn't fix. Once OMV is based on Debian Wheezy (omv 0.6), it may be easier.

• Ah... Very, very sorry. I wonder how it is implemented in qnap and synology? They too, like the Linux kernel are based, no? May have analogues forked-daapd?

• ok so there's no tentative solution for this problem I see..as ExiK mentioned my Synology DSM iTunes server works well. Wonder if mt-daapd/firefly has same problems? have to give that a try

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V Pentium G620 @2,6GHz - 8GB RAM - 60GB System SSD - 5.71TiB Total Capacity

• 4 months ago I tried mt-daapd, don't remember, but also the problems were. Disruptorx why do You OMV if You have synology?)) I currently opt - buy Synology DS213+(500$ :( ) or get a good job of OMV. Itunes server is very important for me....Solution looking for already half a year

• Offizieller Beitrag

Synology uses mt-daapd from what I found. Maybe they are patching it to work with newer iTunes??? I suppose you could download their source code (available on sourceforge) and try to compile mt-daapd. I only tried to compile forked-daapd.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I downloaded the code. It is definitely using mt-daapd but I'm not sure why it works. The changelog and the dates listed in the files are very old.

• Zitat von "ExiK"

4 months ago I tried mt-daapd, don't remember, but also the problems were. Disruptorx why do You OMV if You have synology?)) I currently opt - buy Synology DS213+(500$ :( ) or get a good job of OMV. Itunes server is very important for me....Solution looking for already half a year

I use Synology as my primary server for all sorts of backup since it's supported and comes with a warranty and since its a j version its not a very attractive in file reads and writes. I'm looking to migrate to a better scalable stable system for couple of years ..been trying freenas , N4F and
    Now OMV. Only thing that keeping me from migrating all my data to OMV is this iTunes issue..other than that I love OMV

And also I did use firefly without a problem when I was testing N4F about 6months ago. May be this problem is largely due to old netatalk version at OMV side ?

• Downloaded and installed a firefly. Added library, server name in itunes displayed, but there are no songs. Is loaded, the icon is spinning, but no songs....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker uses Debian packages as much as possible for stability and time reasons. He also doesn't have a mac to test it. There may be some other dependency issue including netatalk 3.0.5 too. It may have to wait until OMV is based on Debian Wheezy (omv 0.6).

• Thats a long wait..anyway cant demand from a charity dev like Volker. He's done so much already. Thanks for the replies and kind help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am going to try and compile netatalk 3. I have a mac mini so I can test. We'll see if there are any config changes that make it incompatible with the web interface.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!