Trouble with MySQL and MyWebSQL after upgrading from OMV3 to OMV4

• Hi all,

since I had problems with the letsencrypt plugin for over a year (automatic certificate renewal did not work), yesterday I decided to upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4.
    The upgrade was almost completely straightforward, although I extensively use the possibilities of the OMV server. However, since then I have a problem with MySQL and MyWebSQL.
    The MySQL database and also the call to MyWebSQL initially work immediately after the upgrade, although the dashboard displays:

After the upgrade, however, OMV4 sent me the following error message every 30 minutes via e-mail:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Since I did not manage to install the file "pam.so" for php5 and after I read in a forum post that the pam module would not be needed at all, I uninstalled the pam module with the command:

apt-get php-pam purge

That was obviously a mistake. After that, no error messages were sent by e-mail, but the database MySQL did not work anymore. Also, I could not call MyWebSQL anymore.
    In the browser when calling MyWebSQL appears only:

502 Bad Gateway
    ---------------------
    nginx

Then I loaded the pam module on sourceforge and installed it manually:

dpkg -i /home/php5-pam_1.0.3-4_amd64.deb

There were no errors during installation. Also, the previously missing file was then present in the directory /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so.
    However, MySQL still does not work after that. Also, I still could not call MyWebSQL with "http://192.168.63.5:8080/mysql/" in my case.
    Then I have the mysql-plugin repeatedly deinstalled and installed over the OMV interface. Unfortunately, always with the same result. MySQL and MyWebSQL does not work.

Here are some more hints:

- When trying to reset the MySQL password via the OMV interface, the following error message appears:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; sudo mysql -u root -e " CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'haneu63'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'haneu63' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; "' with exit code '1':

- When trying to restore my backup of the database via the OMV interface, the following error message appears:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mysql --defaults-extra-file='/etc/openmediavault/mysql.cnf' < '/tmp/uploadjeKWzr'' with exit code '1':

Is there a chance to get MySQL and MyWebSQL running (without a fresh OMV4 installation)?
    I would be very happy about your help.

OMV 4.1.17-1 x64 on a MSI B150M Eco installed on a 120GB Samsung MZ7KM120 SSD disk, 4 GB RAM, CPU Intel Core i3-7100T, 2x WD-Red HDD-Disk 2TB, plugins: omvextrasorg 4.1.13, nginx 4.0.3, letsencrypt 3.4.5, mysql 4.1.1, plexmediaserver 3.8.2

• Probably it would be sufficient if someone could tell me how to remove MySQL and MyWebSQL from the system completely and without residue, so that a reinstallation of mysql-plugin could succeed.

OMV 4.1.17-1 x64 on a MSI B150M Eco installed on a 120GB Samsung MZ7KM120 SSD disk, 4 GB RAM, CPU Intel Core i3-7100T, 2x WD-Red HDD-Disk 2TB, plugins: omvextrasorg 4.1.13, nginx 4.0.3, letsencrypt 3.4.5, mysql 4.1.1, plexmediaserver 3.8.2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uninstall it from the plugins tab.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,

Thank you for your answer and I appreciate your work in this forum very much.

Uninstall it from the plugins tab.

I hope I did not misunderstand you, but I tried that and already wrote in my first post.

Then I have the mysql-plugin repeatedly deinstalled and installed over the OMV interface. Unfortunately, always with the same result. MySQL and MyWebSQL does not work.

I formulate my wish (from above) more precisely:

Probably it would be sufficient if someone could tell me how to remove MySQL and MyWebSQL manually (by terminal) from the system completely and without residue, so that a reinstallation of mysql-plugin could succeed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

hope I did not misunderstand you, but I tried that and already wrote in my first post.

I sometimes skim long posts and missed that.

Probably it would be sufficient if someone could tell me how to remove MySQL and MyWebSQL manually (by terminal) from the system completely and without residue, so that a reinstallation of mysql-plugin could succeed.

Remove the plugin from the web interface
    rm -rfv /etc/mysql
    userdel mysql
    Install plugin from web interface

But some of this might cause permissions issues if you have existing databases. Your problems are somewhat because mysql is changed to mariadb in Debian 9 (nothing to do with the plugin). Personally, I would switch to using mysql in docker with phpmyadmin in another docker because the plugin is going away in OMV 5.x.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!