Ok, so it is all fine and working as expected. The other command df -hT had an additional space. I wrote this on an android device, where the keyboard adds spaces all the time...
It is much simplier than anything else. You just ignored the case sensitive part. It is names Dir1sum, not dir1sum. Filesize is also ok now, propably just an issue of your viewing gui.
As you ignored my requests in editing the file and altering a checksum, I just tested it myself using this:
This is the resulting output:
As you can see, md5deep is working as I suggested earlier on. It has output if checksums are different, but not, if the file does not exist at all.
Judging from this, your test scenario is not working. If you copied the files, you can check if they are correct with md5deep. To check, if the file structre is the same you need to do something in addtion.
This here would work:
diff -r sourceDir destDir
It will display all differences in file structure (names only, not looking at data inside the files).