Users can't log in... except me!

• when you login as root do:

ls -la

The files in root user home directory are mostly hidden. When you first login as root just do a "cd /" to get to root of system drive.

I'm doing some reading. Some things I've read says Samba has issues connecting with Windows Home edition. Are your XP machines all Windows Professional???

• I believe David was on right track. Have you tried to put in username like this:

To sign into XP

HOSTNAMEofyourNAS\username

say you omv server is ip 192.168.1.90 you would do

for username: 192.168.1.90\username
    then password: password

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

I tested this old style to change domain and it worked on win 7. I don't have an xp machine to test. Not even a vm.

Old style? I didn't know how to do this till third year of training, my trainer looked with big eyes at me as I asked him how to change the domain when not available in the drop down menu :o

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Yes, they are all Windows Pro... let me go re-log in as root as you state above...

• Did you try this method to sign in via your xp machines???

To sign in to OMV shared folder from XP in network places:

HOSTNAMEofyourNAS\username

say you omv server is ip 192.168.1.90 you would do (192.168.1.90 should be whatever your OMV ip address is)

for username: 192.168.1.90\username
    then password: password

• Yes, I've tried that.. both using the ip addres\username and openmediavault\username
    Works perfectly if I use my name, jfriedson but not with any other name...

I'm getting this is a problem with the system not 'recognizing' the other user's passwords, somehow...

YEP sure of it, just re-entered one user password (my alternate self) and that works, lets try another...

And NOPE, no dice. <sigh> shop is closing, I will be loosing access - will pick it up again on Monday.

Thanks so much for all the help so far!

• to sign in omv shared folder from network places...

username: ipaddressofomv\omvusername
    password: passwordofomvuser

This format works on win7

Let some time go by and maybe another XP user will give some info...

• OK, its a directory that I do want users to be able to write to, so I chmod -R 666 sharedfoldername - and still other users can't get in. <sigh>

EDIT: right now the directory is drwxrws---+ if that is any help...

• Zitat von "friedsonjm"

[...]

EDIT: right now the directory is drwxrws---+ if that is any help...

Thats 770.

Could you post a screenshot of the ACL and Priviliges section of the shared folder you're trying to access with all of your accounts?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Well then I'm out of ideas where to look for the error. All Priviliges and ACLs are setup correctly.

But can you post your /etc/samba/smb.conf here? Maybe something is messed up in there. Also post your /etc/openmediavault.conf

Greetings
    David

• Why would you need that ? Enable SSH in the webinterface and login with PuTTY via SSH. You can copy the ouput from there to your clipboard by just using left click. See here:

http://forums.openmediavault.o…wtopic.php?p=17030#p17030

Greetings
    David

• SAMBA snb.conf

root@openmediavault:/etc/samba# pico smb.conf
    GNU nano 2.2.4 File: smb.conf Modified

passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n $
    pam password change = yes
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    guest account = nobody
    load printers = no
    disable spoolss = yes
    printing = bsd
    printcap name = /dev/null
    unix extensions = yes
    wide links = no
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    map to guest = Bad User
    use sendfile = yes
    aio read size = 16384
    aio write size = 16384
    null passwords = no
    local master = yes
    time server = no

#======================= Global Settings =======================
    [global]
    workgroup = Workgroup
    server string = %h server
    include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
    dns proxy = no
    log level = 0
    syslog = 0
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    syslog only = yes
    panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
    encrypt passwords = true
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    obey pam restrictions = yes

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!