[solved] Communication Failure - No PlugIns listed

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know but it must be something with the web interface which i removed completely. I guess it really doesn't need it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should the enable do something? We could also make a tab in the Plugins section?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I'm not against the TAB idea. The enable could just add the repo file and update. When you take the check off the repo file is deleted and update. Did you look at the old plugin for .4 omv to get any ideas of what was causing this issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Originally, it was ported from the old omv-plugins plugin. It was having problems so I used Volker's openmediavault-keyring to recreate it. The javascript was taken directly from the omv donations code. So, all the code is existing code from volker.

• I got the error again!
    Yesterday I installed the omvextras-plugin (0.5.6.1) and the list was OK and "Check" worked. everything fine. Today I noticed that the omvextras was marked uninstalled (the red cross) and I installed it via GUI. Now I got the same error as before. Then I uninstalled the omvextras plugin via GUI and the list was OK and the "Check"-Button worked again. The List shows _all_ plugins including the ones from omvextras :o

AND: I can't find any "deb"-line for omvextras in /etc/apt/sources.list or sources.list.d

• Early in bug testing of .5 OMV we had weird thing like this with plugins. I would install a plugin and it would show as not installed. Volker fixed it. I think we have spent to much time on this and Volker should take a look. We need the 3rd Party plugin to be rock solid.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It shows as uninstalled because I told you to upload a package with the same name as what is in the repo. This normally wouldn't have happened if I would have added the file to the repo. The deb line is missing due to a messed up install. I'll work on a completely new web interface with an enable.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Solo0815"

I got the error again!
    Yesterday I installed the omvextras-plugin (0.5.6.1) and the list was OK and "Check" worked. everything fine. Today I noticed that the omvextras was marked uninstalled (the red cross) and I installed it via GUI. Now I got the same error as before. Then I uninstalled the omvextras plugin via GUI and the list was OK and the "Check"-Button worked again. The List shows _all_ plugins including the ones from omvextras :o

AND: I can't find any "deb"-line for omvextras in /etc/apt/sources.list or sources.list.d

Is the 0.5.7 plugin working for you?

• Just tried the 0.5.9-version
    No luck :( same error
    installed it with "dpkg -i" because there was an error installing it in GUI.

Disabling both the "normal" and the "testing" repo gives me all the plugins, even the ones in 3rd party-repo if I click check. I can't find any deb line with omv-extras in aly /etc/apt/-file.
    Maybe the cache? How can I clean the apt-cache?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:

apt-get clean
    rm -fv /var/lib/lists/packages.omv-extras.org_*
    apt-get update

• I executed your commands. BTW: it is /var/lib/apt/lists/packages.omv-extras.org_* ;)
    It doesn't work if I enable the "normal" omv-extras repo! :cry: enabling the testing-repo without "normal" omv-extras" works :shock:
    ^^^ this is reproducable

Heres a pic with only the "testing"-repo enabled, after clicking "Check"

Does it look ok?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is only showing the other plugins because they are installed or have been uploaded. You can tell by the Size: field because it will say n/a.

What it does tell me is that one (or more) of the packages must be causing this problem on your system. I have no idea what to even look for. Can you try the following:

1. enable the regular repo and disable the testing repo in the web interface
    2. apt-get update from the command line
    3. execute the following commands for each 3rd party plugin
    export LANG=C; apt-cache --no-all-versions show openmediavault-plugin_name
    export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-plugin_name

Hopefully, one of them generates an error that can help.

• For everyone who needs it:

Code
    for I in $(apt-cache search openmediavault- | awk '{print $1}'); do export LANG=C; apt-cache --no-all-versions show $I; echo "===" >> ~/omv-bug.txt; export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install $I;echo "===" >> ~/omv-bug.txt;done >> ~/omv-bug.txt

Here is the result: http://sprunge.us/jZId
    I can't see any bugs or errors :(

• but not for me :(
    Wtf is causing this communication error?

Do you want me to tar.gz my system-drive, so you could run it on a VM to test/debug?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Solo0815"

Do you want me to tar.gz my system-drive, so you could run it on a VM to test/debug?

Yes :)

• It is working in a VM :evil: :shock: :evil: :?
    I cloned my HDD with clonezilla, and wrote it back with clonezilla to a vdi and bootet in VirtualBox. Then I disabled all my Data-drives in /etc/fstab and rebooted. :?::?::?:
    Checking for new PlugIns worked! I can disable, enable the repo and click "Check", it works all the time ... :o

On my real machine:
    How can I increase the timeout of the webinterface. Maybe my machine is too sloooow?

Edit: My opinion: It has definitely to do with some sort of timeout. I stopped the time between "() loading ..." shows up and the "Communication Failure", it was always ~30s everytime.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!