Snapraid update error

• Hi,

I just tried updating Snapraid using the control panel, and I got this result:

And the last two lines keep repeating every second for at least half an hour now.

Should I stop it? Reboot? Is my snapraid config fucked up now?

Thanks for any help!

• I'm having an issue with Snapraid ever since the 3.7.6 update.

I'm getting a syntax error during the cron job that runs nightly.

/usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff: line 490: syntax error near unexpected token `else'
    /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff: line 490: `else'

• I really got burnt by this pull request not being tested. I will look at it.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It happens. I didn't see anything mentioned yet which is the only reason I said something. I'm sure what you guys do isn't exactly easy.

It is really tough when I don't write the code and have no good way to test. I made some changes. Can you test them? If yes:

sudo wget -O /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-snapraid/master/usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff
    sudo chmod +x /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6

• It is really tough when I don't write the code and have no good way to test. I made some changes. Can you test them? If yes:
    sudo wget -O /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-snapraid/master/usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff
    sudo chmod +x /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff

Looks good! Diff finished without errors.

• 3.7.7 and 5.0.1 in the repos now.

• Everything seems to be working now, except one flaw. When I run the SnapRAID - Scheduled diff job from the OMV Gui, I get no email. I temporarily changed the Time of execution to "Hourly" and got email after the run finished.

What might be the reason for this?

• When I run the SnapRAID - Scheduled diff job from the OMV Gui, I get no email.

Which button are you clicking on to run the diff job?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!