Installing weezy packages on OMV 0.5?

• Hi all..

Cant figure this one out...
    Im running OMV 0.5 and i would like to set up GUFW and UFW. The problem is (i think) that GUFW is outdated, and i need to install a newer version. The problem is that a newer version is weezy repository.

My GUFW looks like this:

I have installed by doing: "sudo install gufw"

But there is a missing feature, which can be seen here:

The problem, is that i cant choose the button where is sais: DENY all outgoing traffic from GUFW (The button is missing in the first picture).. and that is really a shame, because im following the steps here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/5586-…when-vpn-drops/#entry5642

Im really at a loss.. really have no idea what i can do to upgrade the package..What does the experts say to this?

Thanks a bunch for your time.

• I wouldn't recommend installing packages from the wheezy repo on your OMV. It will take you hours to clean up the mess if you do so (And yes, I did that once on a production system, so I know how long it takes...)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Is there a reason you are not using the firewall in OMV's web-gui????

I probably didn't think about using OMV's firewall, because i finally found an online guide, on how to stop dns leaks, and make sure that only outgoing connections are through a VPN, ( specifically tun0) and block them, if the vpn fails. Finally a guide that was so simple, that even dumb little old me could understand it.

Is there a simple guide for doing excatly this with OMV's firewall? And i also like, the idea that GUFW could be set to deny everything by default. and from then you could open the ip's as necessary..

Awaiting your response with great expectations...:)

Zitat von "davidh2k"

I wouldn't recommend installing packages from the wheezy repo on your OMV. It will take you hours to clean up the mess if you do so (And yes, I did that once on a production system, so I know how long it takes...)

Greetings
    David

Okay pretty obvoius that i wont do that then..have tried breaking my packages so that nothing new could be installed.. It really sucked!

• Can you tell me how your OMV is hooked up? Do you have more then one nic??? Give me some idea how your lan is mapped out. I look at rules above and it makes no sense for how most people would have their OMV setup. Tell the vpn you are using and if you have router with a firewall. I am messing around with firewall in .5 OMV today. It is so much improved over the 1st firewall frontend that Volker did.

• Evening.

My omv is installed on a hp proliant server with 1 nic. This nic is connected with a static ip to my lan network. I am connecting to my vpn ptovider through openVPN. I installed it by doing:

sudo apt-get install openvpn resolvconf

And its been working great. But the problem is, when the connection to the vpn breaks, my outgoing connection changes from tun0 to eth0.. In other words, im exposed without a vpn connection. I just like the idea to be secure, and be confident in that no information of my ip is getting displayed to the outside world...

My router is: 192.168.1.1 and set to dhcp. What else would you need to know? And no there is no firewall enabled in my router.. I think!

The firewall setup i would like with my server is:

-by default block All traffic in and out tun0 and eth0 (no leaks) and perhaps no dns leaks?

Then add the following rules:
    -allow local traffic in and out on eth0 on: "192.168.1.1/24"
    -All outgoing and incoming internet traffic to and from the server will be allowed through tun0

Would this be possible to do with OMV's firewall? And if the answer is yes, then how?

• I spent quite a few hours testing the firewall in the web-gui. You need to have in a few custom rules to get everything working right. I'm going to try to make a little guide so the firewall will be useful to people. Most have it behind the firewall in their router but it will make it a little more secure if you open your OMV to the net. I will try to look at the vpn tomorrow (later today lol).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!