OMV 4.1.27 reboots while rsync job

• Hi there! :)

my omv 4.1.27 does an rsync job with bash-script every night at 1:00. About 1:50 system reboots. But only when it has to do some GigBytes. Can´t find any note in the logs..
    The log from my script ends anywhere in the JOB

did someone else had this Problem?

My System is:
    Intel ATOM 330 1,6 GHz / 2GB Ram / SSD Sandisk 120GB for SYSTEM / 2 different HDD 1TB RAID MIRROR for Shared Folders

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to debug.

Typically you do this by: monitor what happens. It is possible that something very different is happening compared to what your expectations are.

Write your own log messages to a file. For instance write a copy of each rsync command, before you run it.

If you check the destination, does that look good? Is it updated as you expect?

I notice some spaces here and there when you build the paths. I don't know if that is a problem. But it makes me nervous...

Something might become warm after a while and cause the reboot. Monitor temperatures. Do your jobs work if you add a long pause between them?

Do some jobs work but not other? Why? What is the difference?

Power might be a problem. Run some much simpler job to stress the hardware and see if it is stable.

Also, when you find the problem, you might consider using versioned rsync snapshots. With hardlinks. Then you can have several backup snapshots for different dates. Much better than only one backup copy that might be corrupted due to a failed backup.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Hey adoby, thanks for your reply

i can´t find the spaces you are talking about but i think, there´s no prob. The dest looks good.
    The dest is OMV on RAspberry PI3B - works fine as emergency system / for redundancy.
    Next time the backup starts it resumes where it was canceled - no problem with specific files.

You could be right with watching the tempeatures. I´ll watch for. The powersupply was replaced recently. - it´s now bigger/heavyer. (had hdd probs)
    Rsync snapshots is a good idea - i will implement.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!