Question to the VirtualBox-Thread in the Guides-Forum

• @roru69

First of all I want to thank you for the real great VirtualBox-Guide here. It's a pity that VirtualBox is not anymore in the Debian 10 repo.
    With your how-to it was easy to install. Thanks again.

There's still one issue I had.
    After I did all the steps in the guide I wanted to log in the web interface (IP-Server:8080) but neither with the vbox user nor with phpvirtualbox-webgui user I couldn't log in. I always got the info that user/password is incorrect.
    So I was looking around in the www and found a hint to use admin/admin for user/password. With that I could log into the GUI.

Why it is like that? Did I something wrong or is this correct to use admin/admin.

Till now I didn't have time to create a VM. First I want to be sure that the basic stuff is running without any issues.

Thanks in advance

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• I would like to thank ruru69 also for the guide. I tried Cockpit VM and didn't like it but I have been using vbox for many years so I may be biased.

admin/admin is the default for a new install to log into the phpVirtualBox web interface.
    After logging in to the web interface go to file > preference > users and change the users as you wish.

I have created a VM and so far it has worked ok.

I still have 2 issues
    vboxweb-services does not start on reboot. I have to start it manually but otherwise everything works fine.
    If I try and save a shared Folder mount in the VM settings. phpVirtualBox crashes when I try and save the VM. I worked around this by adding the mount to the fstab inside the VM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!