Backing up Lan Connected PC's to my NAS?

• Gents, I really appreciate your discussion. It's helping me learn for sure! :thumbup:

Can I ask a closely related question on the same subject? I'm going through the same process, except I will try to use the docker image through portainer.... In uroni's docker command, it is mentioned:

Zitat

If you want to externally bind-mount the www-folder add -v /path/to/wwwfolder:/usr/share/urbackup

Why would I want to do this? What is the use case? I watched Jake Wright's videos on Docker and I have an idea 'in general', but certainly not in the frame of Urbackup.

And, if I do, would I just use /var/www ?

Mark D

OMV6.1.0 upgraded from 5 on a Core2Duo

mergerfs & snapraid

Docker for urbackup, omada controller, adguard.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von g13092 ()

• Macom,

It seems building it from the stack worked. Not sure what was different but I can now access the web interface on 55414.

THANKS!!!

Tom_G_2010, did it take forever to get the database going? I built from the stack too, but am getting database I/O errors in the log and the admin web site says it's busy "upgrading the database". I have a feeling I have some permissions or ownership wrong... What are the perms and who is the owner on your database folder?

Mark D

mergerfs & snapraid

• Scratch that... I had the wrong bind mount. well, at least, the bind mount I used didn't work. I tried to go to my union instead of dev-disk-by-label for the appdata folder. No go, the database was really unhappy with this. Once I figured that out, she's backing up.

Mark D

mergerfs & snapraid

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!