Cant create RAID5 array

• I am setting up a new OMV virtual server on VirtualBox to test out Docker/Portainer on v5 prior to upgrading my existing OMV v4 servers to this version. I have dowloaded the OMV 5.0.5 ISO from SourceForge and created a basic OMV 5 installation. I then updated this to the latest OMV 5.3.7-1 (Usul) via the web app and also added the OMV Extras repo in readiness to installing Docker / Portainer. I added three 20GB virtual disks with the intention of creating a Raid5 array. These are each shown in the web app as /dev/disk/by-id/ata-VBOX-HARDDISK_<serialnumber> but show up in the RAID Mangement area as /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd ( and are similary listed by fdisk -l as well). When I try to create an new RAID5 array called 'Array1' I can check each of these disks to be included in the array but when I click Create I get the error:

devices: The value '"\/dev\/sdb,\/dev\/sdc,\/dev\/sdd"' is not an array.

The Full Details are shown as:

Error #0:OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException: devices: The value '"\/dev\/sdb,\/dev\/sdc,\/dev\/sdd"' is not an array. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:380Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(277): OMV\Json\Schema->validateArray('/dev/sdb,/dev/s...', Array, 'devices')#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(627): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType('/dev/sdb,/dev/s...', Array, 'devices')#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(395): OMV\Json\Schema->checkProperties(Object(stdClass), Array, '')#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject(Object(stdClass), Array, '')#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(Object(stdClass), Array, '')#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate(Object(stdClass))#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(179): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('{"name":"Array1...')#7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/raidmgmt.inc(271): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.raidmgmt.cr...')#8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\RaidMgmt->create(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('create', Array, Array)#11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RaidMgmt', 'create', Array, Array, 1)#12 {main}

I can create the array manually using:

mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level5 --raid0devices=3 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd

but I would prefer to create it via the OMV app if possible.

Regards.

Chris

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!