Installation script uable to connect with many repositories

• I am attempting to install OMV-5 on a Raspberry Pi 4/Raspian Buster Lite following the instructions in Getting Started with OMV Addendum B: Installing OMV5 On a Raspberry PI. I have followed these instructions until I pasted and ran this instruction:

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

When that script ran, it shows numerous errors primarily of the failed to fetch sort due to the network being unreachable. This Pi is fully connected to a working internet; all the other pis that I have are similarly connected and have full access. Other than that, I'm at a loss. Can anyone give me any help on how to proceed. The stack trace is attached.

RPI4-OMV5 Installation Errors.txt

• Offizieller Beitrag

E: Failed to fetch http://mirror.sjc02.svwh.net/r…n/raspbian/pool/main/c/cu ps/libcups2_2.2.10-6+deb10u3_armhf.deb
    Cannot initiate the connection to mirror .sjc02.svwh.net:80 (2606:c680:0:b:3830:34ff:fe66:6663). - connect (101: Network is unreachable)
    Could not connect to mirror.sjc02.svwh.net:80 (72.5.72.15), connection timed out

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It appears that the R-PI mirror, in the region you're in, may not be working correctly. The mirror could be saturated with requests, or the network path to the server may be down, saturated or, otherwise, experiencing problems. It happens. During this last holiday weekend, at least one other user was affected in a similar manner.

While it may be a bit inconvenient, give it a day and try again tomorrow.

• Do we have to start from scratch?

Seems like after I get the error message trying to install OMV I can't even SSH into the RasPi.

I did this twice already, hopefully 3rd times the charm.

• Well, I've done the clean format, reflash, etc. — three times. Doesn't seem to work. Just the same errors. Is there another script, perhaps with other repositories. It looks like much of the errors aren't with OMV, but rather the supporting software. No matter what this doesn't bode well for OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Doesn't seem to work. Just the same errors. Is there another script, perhaps with other repositories. /------/ No matter what this doesn't bode well for OMV.

There are other repositories but, when you attempt to access raspbian repositories (for example sjc02.svwh.net:80), a server name is supplied, that is tied to a mirror that is physically close to you in the network. (If you're in Miami, Florida, you most likely won't be pulling from a Canadian mirror.) This is why some users may have a problem with a build, where others do not. There's nothing that can be done about repository server or network issues, other than to wait one to a few days. (You could visit the Raspbian or Debian forums. Sometimes these issues are posted.)

Put this into perspective. Server admin's running these mirrors are often doing it part-time and/or for free. Moreover, this is open source software, that is set up for server operations without the gigantic CAL (per-Client Access License) price tag. With that in mind, just a bit of patience may be required.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!