un-monitor external drive in S.M.A.R.T

• I accidently enabled smartmontools monitoring through OMV5 GUI for an external hard drive, which I do not own any more. Every day there's an email reminding me, that smartmontools can't find this drive. In which config can I unmonitor the drive?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• Offizieller Beitrag

Start with Storage, SMART, Devices tab and, assuming the drive is still there, click the drive and the EDIT button, etc. *You may have to delete Scheduled tests, if any, from the Scheduled Tests Tab first.*

There's also, System, Notification, the Notifications tab and the SMART check box, if stopping all SMART e-mails is desired.

• Thanks for the answer, sadly, the drive is not present any more, so I can't edit its settings through GUI. There are no self-test jobs for this drive configured, I just enabled monitoring. I hoped to unmonitor it by editing a certain configuration file.

Terry Pratchett

• Same reason why I do not want to mess around with the configs without exactly what I am doing.

Terry Pratchett

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!