Accessing OMV on Raspberry Pi 4 with Buster Lite across Windows 10 network

• New to OMV (my first post) and relatively new to Pi. I'm trying to set up a NAS on Pi for backup. Successfully followed the -Techno Dad Easy Script OMV5 Raspberry Pi 4- and all went well. I successfully added a WiFi connection to the Pi, updated everything, added a 1Tb USB drive to the Pi, wiped it, created a file system and mounted the disc. I then added a user and added that to ssh, sudo and sambashare groups. A Samba shared folder was created, guests were allowed and permissions inherited. Smb was enabled and WORKGROUP matched that of my laptop.

With this all done I went onto my Windows 10 network and I could see the Raspberry Pi along with other things attached to the network but couldn't access the Pi (Windows cannot access \\RASPBERRYPI). I can access another laptop on my network (Enter network credentials, User name, Password).

I'm sure I am doing something very silly, but it is proving frustrating!

Any help greatly appreciated as OMV looks a great product.

Regards, Tony

• TonyElvidge

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Accessing Raspberry Pi 4 with Buster across Windows 10 network“ zu „Accessing OMV on Raspberry Pi 4 with Buster Lite across Windows 10 network“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!