Issues with OMV 5 and Proxmox

• I attempted to spin up OMV 5 under Proxmox 6. When I defined the KVM VM, I only created a 10G drive space to act as the boot drive. After starting the VM, I attempted to update the system from web interface, which failed. I then ssh'd into the VM and tried a apt upgrade which failed. I thought that here was some issue with my network connection, but pinging external hosts had no problems.

I took a look at the / filesystem, and realized the filesystem was "ro". I had noticed when I was installing, there was failure to connect to any of the repositories, but I wrongly assumed there was some problem so I skipped installing a repository mirror. I now realize that there was some issue going on and I didn't notice it. I set up the VM to use one of my VLANs, which does get it address from the VLAN dhcp server, so I am at a loss.

I attempted to re-install, but once again, there is a failing when "configuring the package manager". There would seem to be a network problem at the point. Needless to say, that when I skip the section on package manager, the VM does finish, but at this point, the drive is in ro mode.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Edited once, last by kcallis: Added more information ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!