Wiping former ZFS disks

• On my old installation of OMV I had a ZFS pool running, ran into loads of issues so I backed up all the important Data externally and said I'd just wipe them. I did a Quick wipe in OMV on all the disks but then I couldn't create a new pool in ZFS.

I went into Gparted and deleted all of the partitions and created a new partition table, and reformatted in ext4. I still can't create a Zpool with them they just don't show up in the ZFS menu. I've tried using the shred -f command but it still doesn't change anything, I also can't access them in RAID management so I know it's an OMV issue rather than just the ZFS plugin.

In the Disks tab they're all listed at 465GB but when i create a filesystem on OMV they all appear as 457GB and they've already got roughly 100MB of used space on them despite being a fresh partition.

Is this left over ZFS data that I need to remove ? If so, how can I remove it ? I can no longer access the old Zpool.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!