Beiträge von Jacobo1223

There is a plugin for OMV called reset perms or something like that. Look for a youtube video by Jeff from TDL TechnoDadLife. The install is quick and it resolves the changed permissions for shared folders caused by Docker and/or Portainer.

If you're like me you'll end up using it almost every time you add, update or change a Docker container.

I have it and I have to use it every time my server turns on. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

The folder in question is my ZFS pool, this is where all of my data, outside of the OMV system, is stored.

On startup the folder privileges have my user account set to Read/Write. Under ACLs the owner is root with Read/Write/Execute set as permissions, users and other also have Read/Write/Execute. None of these settings are changed after the permissions break, or after I use the GUI reset permissions tool, however that does enable me to write to the folders.

The error I get over SMB is "You require permission from Unix User\admin to make changes to this folder."

Every time I turn my server on my folder permissions are fine. This is until my dockers start running 30s~ after startup , and they prevent me from writing to my folders over SMB unless I reset them within the GUI.

I've tried using the command /usr/sbin/omv-resetperms and creating a scheduled job upon reboot but this doesn't work for me, as the command is ran before the dockers startup.

Is there anyway to offset the command by a minute after startup or an alternative command that would achieve the same goal ?

On my old installation of OMV I had a ZFS pool running, ran into loads of issues so I backed up all the important Data externally and said I'd just wipe them. I did a Quick wipe in OMV on all the disks but then I couldn't create a new pool in ZFS.

I went into Gparted and deleted all of the partitions and created a new partition table, and reformatted in ext4. I still can't create a Zpool with them they just don't show up in the ZFS menu. I've tried using the shred -f command but it still doesn't change anything, I also can't access them in RAID management so I know it's an OMV issue rather than just the ZFS plugin.

In the Disks tab they're all listed at 465GB but when i create a filesystem on OMV they all appear as 457GB and they've already got roughly 100MB of used space on them despite being a fresh partition.

Is this left over ZFS data that I need to remove ? If so, how can I remove it ? I can no longer access the old Zpool.

What is the output of zpool status?

pool: Quad

state: ONLINE

scan: scrub repaired 0B in 6 days 19:45:19 with 0 errors on Tue May 26 17:12:32 2020

config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM

Quad ONLINE 0 0 0

raidz1-0 ONLINE 0 0 0

ata-WD5003ABYX-88_LEN_WD-WMAYP6420996 ONLINE 0 0 0

ata-WD5003ABYX-88_LEN_WD-WMAYP6466138 ONLINE 0 0 0

ata-HGST_HTS545050A7E380_140904TM85A3TD0N1YWM ONLINE 0 0 0

ata-WD5003ABYX-88_LEN_WD-WMAYP6421151 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors

Do you mean /dev/sdeX? I would mean that this is your OMV system disk?

No, the 2nd zfs Drive, Quad/Filesystem. It's an empty filesystem, all of my actual Data is stored under /Quad.

This can also be done in the ZFS plugin GUI.

Trying to delete them on the GUI didn't work, just gave me an error message instructing me to use destroy -r

I'm not even sure exactly what the issue is, I started by deleting some snapshots through the zfs destroy command and then I was trying to delete this extra filesystem that's appeared.

However I couldn't delete it and kept getting the error "no such mntent exists", I tried unmounting both the real pool and the filesystem, however the filesystem is still there and the real pool is unmounted . I still can't delete it in the GUI or through cmd, and when I try to force all import I get the error

The configuration object 'conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint' is not unique. An object with the property 'dir' and value '/Quad' already exists.

I've just migrated to OMV5 and Docker can't read from my ZFS drive. I've installed most dockers through Dockstarter and didn't have any issues with it until I got the DelugeVPN installed, started downloading and despite my data and config paths both being on my ZFS pool in Dockstarter and in portainer the docker just defaults to using my USB boot drive for data and config. It's more obvious on the handbrake docker where my entire filesystem can be read from but the ZFS pool just doesn't appear as an option. I've tried unistalling docker and setting the storage to my ZFS but it can't run after installation when installed there. The only contradiction to this is when I've installed Plex (also through dockstarter) and it worked flawlessly.

Secondarily after uninstalling and re-installing docker several times I've got loads of leftover files that I want to clean up. Docker isn't installed but I can't delete the old container files as MC says they're currently in-use. I've also noticed ZFS folders cropping up in my Docker storage (image attached) which I have no idea what to do with, and on the ZFS tab 3 clones and filesystem have appeared which I can't delete due to "No such Mntent exists".

I've Had no issues with my config files which are bound to a directory on my unionFS ? Surely it would affect both systems not just the data. Also my UnionFS is set to Most free space, so when the files are transferred from the /data directory into my organised file directories surely the data wouldn't move between the disks because it's already in the UnionFS so one drive would hold all the data and the others would be empty ?

Alright I've done some experimenting with my drives and found that it's quite annoying that unionFS mounts after docker. How could i change this, while still having my containers start upon boot ?

your unionFS is mounted after docker, so please use a path that point directly to one of your disk.

I've Had no issues with my config files which are bound to a directory on my unionFS ? Surely it would affect both systems not just the data. Also my UnionFS is set to Most free space, so when the files are transferred from the /data directory into my organised file directories surely the data wouldn't move between the disks because it's already in the UnionFS so one drive would hold all the data and the others would be empty ?

My data path within my containers resets every time I reboot my system. I've set the path to a directory in a Union filesystem, although every time I reboot my device the data path is set to my boot drive. The boot drive is standalone from the Union drives, it holds no data other than the OS. Any idea why this might be happening ?

Did you reboot? When adding a drive to an existing pool, it doesn't remount

After a reboot I still only had 900GB. I unmounted and remounted the /home drive. Next I re-merged the drives and I did achieve 1.3TB however on my next reboot the union was broken again and it was reduced to 900GB. It seems I need to unmount and remount the drive upon every reboot, so although it works it's not really a solution.

So I'm on a fresh install as I had some errors with my previous setup. On the Previous setup, I had two 500GB 3.5" Drives connected and merged through the union file system ( Was roughly 920GB in reality), this worked flawlessly. I had Spare 500GB 2.5" Drive so I connected it through a 5.25" adaptor, and because I believed errors were occurring due to a USB 2.0 boot, I installed OMV over Debian and split the home directory from the rest so I could use the installation disk for both booting and Data. It boots from SDC1 and that file system is roughly 27GB. I merged the 3 drives and have roughly 900GB of Storage Space, when I should have between 1.3TB and 1.4TB. Any ideas why this is occurring ?

Does anybody know how to check the Spinning state of Hard Drives ? I've set them to spin down after 10 minutes although they audibly don't sound like they spin down. I assumed the information would be In SMART but couldn't find anything ? Have I missed something ?

As for your requirements. An ODROID HC2 will easily do if you opt for transcoding on the fly and get Emby running: https://forum.armbian.com/topi…u4hc1hc2-armbian-stretch/

I've had a look over the HC2 in the past. My concern comes with the processor, from what I understand it's an ARM board, which could cut power costs but isn't ideal for compatibility with e.g new add-ons that work through Docker but on x86/x64 architecture.
    Also how do the stacking work ? Given I could roughly get 4 HC2's and stay within my budget, do they operate as a singular device with shared processing power and RAM or is it like 4 different devices working in tandem with one another ?

Find a motherboard/CPU that meets your needs... I would get the fastest processor you can afford. Only thing I can suggest regarding the motherboard... if you intend to use an Onboard NIC, look for Intel NIC's (or be prepared to buy an Intel NIC card). Atheros as a general rule, is also pretty good. Real one to look out for is Realtek's... I've had nothing but headaches with them on Linux (YMMV).

Hop around on a computer or parts site and post some links to stuff that would meet your budget, and go from there.

Right well I was looking at various motherboards that meet the criteria. It seems all the Motherboards in the budget range just come with a Realtek NIC. What are the issues you found with them ? Is it more of a machine specific problem or is it just bad compatibility all round ?

I'm looking to build an OMV machine for under £200. I currently have a Ras Pi 3b+ setup but I'm looking to upgrade.
    I'd like to be able to

• Host SMB and Plex servers
    • Transcode media on handbrake
    • Torrent on Trnasmission
    • Host a Nextcloud server

I was thinking of building or buying a cheap PC, preferably with Micro-ATX or Mini_ATX dimensions and a x64 architecture.
    I don't need any drives.

Does anybody have a build in a similar price range and form factor, or any suggestions for the build ?
    Would be very much appreciated.

I'm having an issue with a Ext4 drive. I had OMV running with an Exfat Drive and I needed to add to more storage amount. I'm trying to use the devices in tandem with one another and I decided to format the newest one with Ext4 for the better Linux capability, rather than relying on exfat fuse and utils. This however has created more problems than it has solved.The Ext4 format seems to be riddled with issues. For testing I made the drives hold identical files, and the Ext4 drive isn't faulty; I can mount and use it on ubuntu without issue.

When using the Ext4 drive to create a Samba share, I'm required to input a password even though I have it set to Guests only and identical settings to the Exfat drive which works perfectly. The login also doesn't work, I have only one user set up and their credentials don't work, I have also tried my OMV GUI login without success. I've also attempted to run Minidlna. Again the setup with the Exfat drive works without issues but when i mount the Ext4 drive into it, 0 files can be loaded.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Had a OMV server running on a RasPi 3B+ for a while. Samba started to fail, and I couldn't find the root of the issue. I've done a fresh install and now I can't mount my Exfat drive which hosted all my files. I remember installing Exfat-utils through SSH terminal last time but it doesn't seem to work. Anybody know how to resolve this ?