SMB is extremely slow, sometimes disappears entirely

• Hi,

in the last weeks, I had weird problems with my SMB shares: Sometimes they were extremely slow (like 100 Bytes/sec), then the transfer came to a complete halt, and the client couldn't find the shares anymore at all. However, in the dashboard SMB was still displayed as up and running. After a server reboot, the shares were visible again, but unreliable as before. Sometimes they are working fine, with 100MB/s.

Previously, the server ran smoothly for years. I don't know what I changed, a few weeks ago I installed the recent updates for OMV4, a few days ago I updated to OMV5 because I hoped it would fix this problem, but it didn't. I'm also having this issue with several clients, so I don't think it's client-related.

Any ideas? I haven't found anything in the forum / common problems thread.

• OK, I guess (hope) I can answer the question myself now. My clamav was running amok because it couldn't access the folders it was supposed to scan, so it spammed the logfiles until the system disk was full (and maybe also caused a high memory / processor load). So it probably didn't have anything to do with Samba.

Just in case anyone (including myself) runs into the same problem later :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!