[SOLVED] AFP Shares always say 'Connection Failed' for user accounts

• So I'm a OMV newb and not a big fan of SMB due to it's tendency to keep phantom network shares floating around Finder sidebars are being disconnected.

So why can't I use AFP?

I created a user fo myself with default settings. Doubled checked its part of the 'users' group.

I created a Shared folder, added it to Apple Filing shares with default permissions.

Now I can access the share fine with AFP via the Guest account.

I can access the share fine via SMB with my user account credentials.

But no matter what I try, Finder always just says 'Connection Failed' when using AFP and my user account credentials

Any ideas?

• Solution:

For AFP to connect for a user account, at least one Shared Folder must have Read/Write or Read-Only ticked in Users->Privileges. (or Shared Folders->Privileges)

This is not the case for SMB service which makes this confusing.

Being that this effects AFP but not SMB, perhaps a note in the AFP section would be appropriate.

• TijuanaKez

Hat den Titel des Themas von „AFP Shares always say 'Connection Failed' for user accounts“ zu „[SOLVED] AFP Shares always say 'Connection Failed' for user accounts“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!