Slow speed on OMV5 Samba Share

• Hi there,

I've setup openmediavault on my raspberry pi 4 2gb. Currently, it works fine except for the fact that I'm getting comparatively slow speeds on samba. I've included a picture of a speedtest where I only get around a 44MB/s write and 55MB/s read.

Here is what my current Samba extra options looks like:

I'm using this NAS to store my steam games, as I don't have much space on my pc's drive, so speed is pretty important to me. Doing a speedtest of the drives on the actual NAS system tells me that the drives are capable of >100MB/s speeds. I'm using 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM running in raid 0 [amazon link], and my raspberry pi is connected to my gigabit capable router through CAT6 cables. I'm accessing the NAS through ethernet.

How would I improve the speed of my NAS through SMB? Is there any other way I could access my NAS that would be faster?

EDIT: I know my pi isn't the bottleneck, because when copying files none of the cpu cores are maxed out, and I have around 1GB of memory free. I've also overclocked the cpu to 2GHz and it never thermal throttles.

• ActualTomato

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!