mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically (After resizing VM Disk and partitions)

• Hi,

I'm on OMV5.

My system drive was getting too small so I've expanded the disk (VMware). I've also expanded the system partition.

Now when I boot OMV it gives some error messages and then it boots normally. Here's the error messages:

Code
    mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically
    mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically
    etc.
    Failed to start Enable File System Quotas
    See 'Systemctl status quotaon.service' for details

Here's the result of : Systemctl status quotaon.service:

Here's the result of : journalctl -xe

Any ideas on how to fix those errors?

• Were you able to find a solution?

Hi Snakyjake,

That was almost 2 years ago. I don't remember if I've found a solution or not. I think I simply recreated the VM from scratch... (It was a test VM so not much settings had been fiddled with).

Maybe someone could backup the settings somehow, create a new OMV VM from scratch and restore the settings? It looks like there isn't an easy way to do this.

Zitat

olivercer

·2 yr. ago

The easiest thing? Make a video recording while browsing the web GUI and write down your configuration. I've done it already a couple of times and came up with a huge doc/wiki about my install!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenM…tm_medium=web2x&context=3

Zitat

Can I backup or restore an existing openmediavault configuration?There is no regular backup/restore procedure, but yes, in some way: keep the file /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for references purposes if the option is to go for a clean re-install.

https://openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html

How to backup using openmediavault-backup plugin:

I have written quite a few posts about how to restore. This is probably the best one - How to restore from an omv-backup?

I hesitate on making anything much better because someone would try to cut & paste and make their system worse.

RE: How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!