permissions all jacked up on ZFS after SMB share?

• Here is the issue... zfs pool (Tank) with datasets (movies, music etc)....

You need to 'add a shared folder' before you can expose it as a share on NFS/SMB.

In the 'add a shared folder' dialog box there is an important blurb

Zitat von dialog box

The path of the folder to share. The specified folder will be created if it does not already exist.

The only options you have to create shares:

1. Name='tank', device ='Tank', path = '/' - should expose all data sets
    2. Name='music', device='Tank',path = 'music' - should expose root of dataset (ie /Tank/music/)
    3. Name='music', device='Tank/music', path = '/' - should be same as above

If memory serves, I originally went with option 1 and had no issues.... However, I had to reinstall OMV after trashing my network settings. Once up and running I hopped on here and found a post with instructions on re-connecting shares (I think they used option 2) and missed the GUI auto populating the path field. The result was new nested folders (Tank/music/Music).

So I deleted shares (this is SCARY! does "delete share and contents" give you a double authentication? seems awfully easy to delete contents by accident) and tried option 1 again.

'Tank' is exposed, all datasets appear as folders, folders not in datasets appear as folders etc. However file permissions not correctly implemented. I cannot write/delete root dir despite allowed in OMV gui and file system ppermissions:

root@OMV:/Tank# ls -l /Tank/music

total 9

drwxrwsr-x 12 root users 12 Jun 30 17:48 Music

root@OMV:/Tank#

my windows usr/pass is replicated in OMV users, groups set to root/users/sudo/

any thoughts on a fix?

In playing with the other options above I did have a few instances where empty folders were added but it was not repeatable... GUI buggyness like what I experienced with network settings I suppose

2x M1015 / LSi 9220-8i > 2x IBM 46M0997

2x Supermicro X5DPE-G2 3U 16 BAY servers - gutted and only used for backplane/caddies

SuperMicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB2
    2x Supermicro PDB-PT825-8824 power distribution
    4x Supermicro PWS-920P-SQ switching power supply

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!