How to get a Bluetooth device in a container?

• Hi,

I tried to get my internal Bluetooth device working in my docker container. After installing some bluetooth packages i was able to find the device in the terminal:

Code
    root@omv-nas:~# hcitool dev
    Devices:
    hci0 F0:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Code
    root@omv-nas:~# sudo ls -l /sys/class/bluetooth | grep 1-8
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jul 26 20:31 hci0 -> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.0/usb1/1-8/1-8:1.0/bluetooth/hci0
    root@omv-nas:~# cd /var

So i tried to setup my container by using portioner in the device section (tab runtime & resources) with same entry in host & container "/dev/hci0"

But when i try to start the container, an error message "device not found" is displayed. Also i'm wondering why "bluetoothctl" does not give any output when using the command "devices". Do y need any several bluetooth / usb drivers for the OMV standard installation?

Does anyone has an idea how to get my BT Device working in the container?

Best Regards

Manuel

• Can you post your compose file?

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Great that you figured it out.

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!