change Harddisk (not using raid)

• I replaced a hard disk and before did a clone of the old disk and thought that will be enough ;)

Well .....since OMV uses brand and serial number of the HD it looks like I can not just easily change the HD in the way I thought I can.

What is the best way to accomplish that .....I mean reconfigure all shared folders and everything to point to the new HD?

I am not even able to mount the new HD via OMV (even it is mounted when I get the error but I can not apply the settings via the web gui due to the error and need to do discard changes ....even it shows green in the gui and I can see via the shell that it is mounted. I guess once it is mounted I could just change all folders manually.

How should I go ahead?

• Best is to completely reformat it and create it with a fresh filesystem within OMV. THEN copy everything to the new drive, delete all Service bindings (SMB, FTP etc.), remove all shared folders and recreate them.

• thanks for the quick answer. I am just wondering if I should just remove all partitions since formatting is probably done by creating new filesystems within OMV, right? I totally forget how I initially added my partitions .....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!