Cannot mound raid after reinstall

• Here is the output

• Offizieller Beitrag

mdadm --examine /dev/md127

mdadm --examine /dev/sdb

mdadm --examine /dev/sdc

mdadm --examine /dev/sdd

EDIT: you are currently in deep doo-doo whilst I commend you for trying to sort this out yourself as per your first post, your actions may result in complete data loss, hence my sig. I can therefore safely assume you do not have a backup :) first failing of home users

• mdadm --examine /dev/md127

Code
    mdadm: No md superblock detected on /dev/md127.

mdadm --examine /dev/sdb

mdadm --examine /dev/sdc

mdadm --examine /dev/sdd

• EDIT: you are currently in deep doo-doo whilst I commend you for trying to sort this out yourself as per your first post, your actions may result in complete data loss, hence my sig. I can therefore safely assume you do not have a backup :) first failing of home users

Actually the most I wanted to get back was photos and videos but most of them are also saved with google photos and/or amazon photos so I kind of have a backup, just not for all the rest which is less critical. It is just sad if I lose some photos that for some reason are not in google photos or amazon. :)

But if I can recover the RAID and backup everything then it will be more confortable for me to know that I get back everything I had, that's why I really want to try everything to make it ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, just got back in from shopping, need refreshment and confirm an idea, as the output from the three drives appears to be ok.

BTW if we try this it's referred to as 'sh!t or bust' :) the drives are fine (or they appear to be) the raid itself is f*ed

• Haha no worries, as I told you my main concerned is about photos that are on it but most of them are still on Google/Amazon storage except some when I forgot to get the app on my phone but well that's my fault ^^

Also Nextcloud did some sync with 1 or 2 computer for some other files now that I'm thinking about it :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK I had to find a thread I replied to,

mdadm --stop /dev/md127 wait for the confirmation that it has stopped before proceeding

mdadm --create --assume-clean --level=5 --raid-devices=3 /dev/md0 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd if this works then run

cat /proc/mdstat

• mdadm --stop /dev/md127

Code
    mdadm: stopped /dev/md127

mdadm --create --assume-clean --level=5 --raid-devices=3 /dev/md0 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd

Code
    mdadm: /dev/sdb appears to be part of a raid array:
           level=raid5 devices=3 ctime=Sun Aug  2 22:41:06 2020
    mdadm: /dev/sdc appears to be part of a raid array:
    mdadm: /dev/sdd appears to be part of a raid array:

cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10]
    unused devices: <none>
  • I repeated it and now it made something :

mdadm --create --assume-clean --level=5 --raid-devices=3 /dev/md0 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd

Code
    mdadm: /dev/sdb appears to be part of a raid array:
    mdadm: /dev/sdc appears to be part of a raid array:
    mdadm: /dev/sdd appears to be part of a raid array:
    Continue creating array? y
    Continue creating array? (y/n) y
    mdadm: Defaulting to version 1.2 metadata
    mdadm: array /dev/md0 started.

cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10]
    md0 : active raid5 sdd[2] sdc[1] sdb[0]
          5860268032 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/3] [UUU]
          bitmap: 22/22 pages [88KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>
  • wipefs -n /dev/md0

Nothing showed up

wipefs -n /dev/sdb

Code
    DEVICE OFFSET TYPE              UUID                                 LABEL
    sdb    0x1000 linux_raid_member 47a5cb5d-c1aa-d89d-c08c-1e2e811e54c2 Serveur.lan:0

wipefs -n /dev/sdc

Code
    sdc    0x1000 linux_raid_member 47a5cb5d-c1aa-d89d-c08c-1e2e811e54c2 Serveur.lan:0

wipefs -n /dev/sdd

Code
    sdd    0x1000 linux_raid_member 47a5cb5d-c1aa-d89d-c08c-1e2e811e54c2 Serveur.lan:0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!