OMV 5 USB install wont boot from BIOS.

• Hi,

I've been using OMV 5 for a few months now, and overall I'm delighted with it. I have OMV5 installed on a SanDisk USB flash drive with 4 SATA storage drives. Unfortunately, I booted my Haswell i3 server yesterday with a GA-B85-HD3 (rev. 2.0) on the latest BIOS and it refuses to see my install.

In the BIOS I used to see SanDisk Debian in my boot order, but now I only see UEFI:SanDisk, or just SanDisk. Upon boot I get instructed to insert boot-able media. I experienced something like this when first setting up the system. My first install stopped working after I added drives to the server. I got around this by installing the OS with the drives attached.

I have changed every BIOS option I could find, such as legacy mode etc.

I tried to boot the USB in two other computers with the same result. I restored a back up image to another USB drive but it behaves the same way.

I tried using a USB with rEFInd, and this loads OMV on it's default option, so the drive seems to be fine! I would like to be able to boot OMV without using rEFInd if possible, but I'm out of my depth unfortunately. I assume I need to edit GRUB or something, if you know how to help I would appreciate it .

I'm a Lunix noob so I guess it's an opportunity to learn (slowly).

• Hello,

I installed OMV 40 days ago (on another system) and today after shutdown it down i was unable to boot again into the system.

The message read "no option to boot to"

With the help of this and the other post mentioned above i was able to fix the error. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

With my little to none linux knowledge i understand the first command creates a directory..ies and the second copies a file from one folder to another with a different name, although i have no idea how/ or what caused the problem(missing file).

If anyone can tell us as to learn please do so! Again thank you.

Odroid-HC4, Debian Buster, OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, Syncthing, Nextcloud

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 (intel i5-4570, 8GB ram) OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, OpenVPN, Nginx proxy manager, Nextcloud, Owncloud, Vaultwarden, Filebrowser, Photoshow, Wireguard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!