• Not sure if this is the right area but I'm trying to talk to the omv-engined via rpc calls. I'll'll admit I'm new to the whole Rpc area but what I'm trying to work out is where to point my client.
    I've found the java code for the web gui's rcp implementation but can't see any kind of address or url for me to point to...

I hope that makes sense to someone and fingers crossed someone know the answer...
    Matthew

• http(s)://OMV_IP:OMV_PORT/rpc.php

Be aware of cross-origin resource sharing though which may limit your ability to get anything. It should be easy to fix though by sending some additional header.

• thanks I've switched to using the python requests library and been able to get some kind of connection although i keep coming up against this error,

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":1000,"message":"Failed to get RPC parameters","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get RPC parameters' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcproxy.inc:63\nStack trace:\n#0 \/var\/www\/openmediavault\/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()\n#1 {main}"}}

i suspect this is a caused by a big hole in my knowledge of RPC calls.

• I'm trying to authenticate with the Rpc service i've tried many varations of the following code but nothing seems to click.

this is only test code but it's bugging the hell out of me..

• Try this instead:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!