Need help getting iSCSI tgt working with HyperV server

• Anyone successful in mounting Windows iSCSI to OMV5 tgt? I'm stuck and need some help.

On my OMV5 server:

- installed the tgt plugin

- Enabled the plugin

- Configured HyperV server IP as an initiator in the tgt plugin and enabled

- I wanted to map to a folder using existing space in a Raid 10 array i created as the Backing Store.... didn't work

- Tried using the LVM plugin to create space on spare SSD I had connected to my OMV5 server as the Backing Store...... didn't work

Issue: could be i'm not getting the path for the Backing Store right. Also should I be able to map to a Folder in the existing Raid10 array I have or does it have be it's own space created through the LVM plugin?

On my HyperV server:

- set up the iSCSI Initiator Service to automatically run

- configured OMV server IP as a target in the iSCSI initiator

- able to connect to the OMV target

Issue: the volume not showing up in the Volume and Devices

• Offizieller Beitrag

ssue: could be i'm not getting the path for the Backing Store right. Also should I be able to map to a Folder in the existing Raid10 array I have or does it have be it's own space created through the LVM plugin?

The backing store has to be a block device which could be a file on your existing raid 10 array. That is what the Images tab is for. LVM is also easy since you just create a logical volume and use that path.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm a linux newbie so bear with me. I'd imagine an image would have some limitations in general accessibility outside of the device I'm trying to create the iscsi link for. I like the idea of LVM since it's just a path.

I have one SSD dedicated to OS and 4 HDD on a Raid 10 array. My storage disks I made the total combined space a Raid 10 array and i've migrated data on it already. So I guess I'm out of luck carving out some space for an LVM volume at this point right? Any suggestions?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm a linux newbie so bear with me. I'd imagine an image would have some limitations in general accessibility outside of the device I'm trying to create the iscsi link for. I like the idea of LVM since it's just a path.

If you are thinking that you will be access the files on the OMV side, you will be disappointed. LVM is presenting block device. Not a formatted filesystem.

I have one SSD dedicated to OS and 4 HDD on a Raid 10 array. My storage disks I made the total combined space a Raid 10 array and i've migrated data on it already. So I guess I'm out of luck carving out some space for an LVM volume at this point right? Any suggestions?

It would be a lot of work to add LVM. Using the image is why I added that tab to the plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ok, i was able to get the lvm tgt to work but I really want to use the image file instead. i like that there is the ability to resize it. I'm not seeing a lot of documentation on setting up an image file.

I could use some feedback if the backing store looks correct for the HyperVimage and for the image what is the path I should use? iSCSI is a share I created on my raid array if I need a place to store the image.

Thanks

file systems

shared folder

target

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not seeing a lot of documentation on setting up an image file.

What kind of documentation do you need? You should have to pick a location (ie /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/test/test.img) and the size.

I could use some feedback if the backing store looks correct for the HyperVimage and for the image what is the path I should use?

Your backing store needs a leading /

iSCSI is a share I created on my raid array if I need a place to store the image.

The backing store should be exactly the same as the path that you used to create the image.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!