Removed Drive Causing Headaches

• My main media storage drive was showing signs of an impending death. I installed a new drive and managed to move everything onto it from the dying unit. The problems started when I removed the old drive.

I did not do my homework first and failed to remove references to it within OMV. Now, I'm getting the following:

The system monitoring needs your attention.

Host: \omv.local

Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 07:30:01

Service: mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-id-ata-ST5000DM000-1FK178_W4J1YF2K-part1

Event: Status failed

Description: status failed (1) -- mountpoint: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-ST5000DM000-1FK178_W4J1YF2K-part1: No such file or directory

This triggered the monitoring system to: alert

I've looked everywhere I can think of. The only place within OMV that I see any reference to it is in : Storage/File Systems. It shows up there as missing. There is nothing under "Disks" "Shares" or anywhere else that I can find.

I did manually remove the mount point under /srv... but that hasn't helped.

Is there somewhere simple I can start my search?

• First undo your manual changes regarding the mount point.

Then the best way is to reinstall/reconnect the old device if still possible. Then remove all references and remove the failed device at the end from the configuration.

Nevertheless it could be that you have to edit the config.xml file following this guide: OpenMediaVault Remove Missing Disk(s) from Filesystem

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!