File Systems stuck in infinite loading.

• I am new to using OMV, and im trying to create some file systems for my 2 drives connected to my raspberry pi 3b+. I formatted my drives to ext4 on my other linux desktop, and they sometimes show up under disks. Sometimes they show up quickly, other times I am left on loading and i get this error message:

<html>
    <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

Now when i try to create a file system the initial GUI for it is on what seems an infinite loading loop. I click create, and under devices its the same thing: infinite loading loop. Not sure what to do. any help is appreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I formatted my drives to ext4 on my other linux desktop, and they sometimes show up under disks.

If you get HTML related errors, clear your bowser's cache. That clears up a number of GUI interface problems.

Otherwise:

There's no knowing, exactly, what your "other Linux Desktop" is doing to your data drive drives. You should wipe, format and mount the drives you'll be using with OMV.

Please build your R-PI according to this -> guide. Follow it through and it will refer you to the User's Guide for setting up a data drive and an SMB share.

• Followed that wonderfully made guide. I tried formatted my drives im OMV and it fails each time. Met with this error:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sdb' 2>&1' with exit code '1': blockdev: ioctl error on BLKRRPART: Input/output error in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc:297
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): Engined\Rpc\DiskMgmt->Engined\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusb9...', '/tmp/bgoutputOG...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc(301): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\DiskMgmt->wipe(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('wipe', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('DiskMgmt', 'wipe', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Could my drives be corrupt or something? They're brand new seagate external HDD's

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could my drives be corrupt or something? They're brand new seagate external HDD's

There are a few things with an R-PI 3b that are of concern.
    - The SD card. Test it and / or get a new one. (Testing SD-cards is in the guide. Having a 2nd SD-card for OS backup is a real good idea.)

- Your Power Supply. R-PI's 3 and below have problems with under powering. The USB cable that powers the R-PI should have thick wires and / or be very short.

- The PS needs to supply -> 2.5 amps (with a short cable).
    If you're using 2.5" external drives, that are USB powered, I doubt it will ever work well. You'd need a powered USB hub to power the drives. The way to determine if underpowering is an issue is to sort through the output of dmesg - scroll through and look for "under voltage" messages.

- Don't use connected peripherals like a keyboard, mouse or monitor. Even if they're no used, they consume power. Disconnect them.

**There's a section in the -> Getting Started Guide, at the very end, that discusses R-PI power problems.**

Check out your drives. Under Storage, SMART, enable SMART. In the Devices tab, enable SMART monitoring on each drive. Then under Scheduled tests, add and manually run at least a short test, for a quick result. Consider running a long test is something odd comes up (long tests take far more time but are more thorough).

If your drives are new the following counts should be zero:

SMART 5 – Reallocated_Sector_Count.

SMART 187 – Reported_Uncorrectable_Errors.

SMART 188 – Command_Timeout.

SMART 197 – Current_Pending_Sector_Count.

SMART 198 – Offline_Uncorrectable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!