no forwarded ports means I'm safe, right?

• I've tried to set up my OMV as a pure NAS. This means the only thing its running is syncthing (inside Docker which is maintained through portainer).

My router forwards no ports. I hope this means that the web interfaces (OMV, portainer and syncthing) only are accessible from LAN. Is this correct?

As far as I can see, syncthing is the only WAN-facing application and it's already encrypted. So no need for LetsEncrypt, right?

Future plans:

I want to set up a second machine with a Plex-container and some torrent-related containers. These will all be routed through a VPN-container.

The OMV NAS will share (probably NFS) its data with this other machine, mainly for the sake of Plex.

Am I safe now?

Edited once, last by mappo: spleling ().

• My router forwards no ports. I hope this means that the web interfaces (OMV, portainer and syncthing) only are accessible from LAN. Is this correct?

Yes. Unless a system on your network gets hacked, nothing can get to the OMV stuff.

So no need for LetsEncrypt, right?

Nope.

omv 5.6.9 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!