Webpage Login issues "Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused​:"

• Hi everybody,

Today I decided to register myself on the forum, until now I just used the forum for info and that was enough.

Sadly now I have a problem for which I still did not find a fix, found a couple of similar issues but the root cause was different so the fixes presented did not solve my problem.

I am in the process of migrating my Synology to a OMV 5 NAS running on a HP Proliant microserver GEN8 and have most of the stuff I want setup and working.

I kept the NAS Install as clean as possible and installed all apps in Docker.

To maximize store I opted for Union FS and Snapraid.

Sys I have installed on the USB drive (having serious doubts if this was a good choice).

Everything has been running fine for a couple of months now, a couple of weeks back I notice the system did not come up and though my ILO board i notice I had a corrupt USB drive.

I managed to fix the USB drive with the rescue procedure presented during boot and all seemed fine.

But I can't login to the web interface, I get the error (which is quite generic) "Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused:"

Th details display the following:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I can login though ssh though.

Most issues similar to this one that I can find are related to installation of new plugins, missing php-bcmath of because of conflicting PHP version installation.

I did not do any changes to the system prior to the issues and php-bcmath is on the system, I did OMV-FIRSTAID etc. but no issues where found.

When I start OMV in debug mode (omv-engined -f -d) it throws this errors:

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

• What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openmed|omv"

Hi,

Thank you for you response!

Here is the output:

• All of the packages look ok. The omvextras-unionbackend should supply the file that omv-engined is complaining about. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

omv 5.5.17-3 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.2
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• All of the packages look ok. The omvextras-unionbackend should supply the file that omv-engined is complaining about. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php

Strange, I also thought the issue might be that the drives are not accessible but they are:

• Maybe: apt-get install --reinstall omvextras-unionbackend

Ok, did this but get the same error in webpage, starting in debug mode on the command prompt returns a new error though. Now it is complaining about CIFS backend.

Sounds a bit like this:

here

But this has been working before and in this example that seems not o be the case, also not sure what I would be missing, not the remote mount plugin I believe?

• Got a bit further installing remote mount seems to fix the login issue.

Code
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-remotemount

Not sure what else is broken, but now I can search further, thank you for your help so far.

Will keep you updated on my progress.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!