Cups Plugin for OMV 0.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is available in the omv-extras testing repo. Install the omv-exras plugin and enable the testing repo. It will show up in the plugins list then.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is it stable enough to consider running...?

The cups plugin is the only thing keeping me from upgrading my OMV 0.4 server to OMV 0.5... I have OMV 0.5 ready to go on another hard drive.. All I need to do is switch out the drives, but I need a stable working Cups plugin... If i had the money to replace my current printer with a network ready printer then I wouldn't care about the Cups Plugin...

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin just adds printers to cups. So, stability is fine. The 0.5 plugin even works with network printers.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

The testing repo is for release candidates. We just haven't received enough feedback to move it to stable. I have it running on two systems without issues.

• They are in repos you don't have access to when they are unstable. I would say that when they are in testing it is a period when plugins still might be evolving, new features added or tweaks to existing.

• Hi there,

I read that and tried out myself the cups-plugin (0.5.1) , but it cant be enabled. Always get an error:
    "Communication error" and non of the settings (enable i.e.) is switched to on.

Can anyone help?

Thanks !!

Wuffty

• Offizieller Beitrag

Works fine in my VM. Try uninstalling, reboot, and reinstalling. It should be enabled already when installed.

• Hi ryecoaaron,

thanks for this tip. I tried it already but only once. And I noticed now it was not correctly removed - using --purg this time helped :)

I had to do it twice but now it works. Though it was not enabled after installation...

Thanks,

Wuffty

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!