OMV won't boot after successful install?

• Hi,

So in short I decided to forego my usual options and to check out OMV. I installed OMV on my HP T620 Plus which has a m.2 SATA SSD. I'd booted the install USB in UEFI mode, FWIW. The installation looked okay, though on the first pass it told me one of the partitions was locked and it would not repartition the entire drive as directed.

I rebooted and went through it again with no obvious issues but when it is complete and it tells me to remove the media I get a Boot Device Not Found message. Usually this has been a boot sequence thing in the worst case (I have a couple of these T620s I've loaded this way many times), but it just isn't working here. Any ideas? I've checked the BIOS and it all looks fine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think if you remove the usb installer you get the error you have to boot with the usb installer connected and you will get OMV's WebUI, but don't login instead ssh into OMV or if you have a keyboard and monitor connected login as root run update-grub remove the install usb then type reboot then hit enter. It should now boot from the drive you installed OMV on.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Had the same issue. Worked around it like this:

Installed Ubuntu 20 (minimal, just for maintenance) in the internal SSD (120GB in my case). Installed OMV on a 16GB USB stick. Used GRUB Settings app in Ubuntu to choose the startup disk. Nice to have Ubuntu available for maintenance if needed. OMV on stick is nice for quick and easy OMV backup.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!