Denon HEOS - Network share could not be added

• Hi everybody

I recently acquired a new Denon receiver with built-in HEOS multiroom service.

However, I have learned that Denon HEOS currently only supports SMB version 1, which is kind of a bummer.

I installed a brand new Openmediavault 5.5.15-1 with the single purpose of having an always-on network share with my music (mp3+flac) collection available.

I have enabled SMB/CIFS and created a share called heos.

I have created a user called heos with a password and set permissions on the share to R/W.

The share is available if I browse to it from my Windows 10 client, and I have tested read/write permissions.

When I go into the HEOS app on my phone, connected to the same wifi as the Denon HEOS receiver, and enter the details for the share, I receive an error message: Network share could not be added. I am using \\<internal-ip>\heos as the share and of course provide credentials for the user.

I believe the issue is with HEOS only supporting SMB version 1, which in normal circumstances I would avoid.

I have tried under SMB/CIFS --> Advanced Settings --> Extra Options to enter:

client min protocol = NT1
    ntlm auth = yes

but this does not change the error message in the HEOS app when trying to add the share.

I also tried adding:

client min protocol = LANMAN1

server min protocol = LANMAN1

client lanman auth = yes

client ntlmv2 auth = no

client plaintext auth = yes

ntlm auth = yes

as I saw that recommendation in another thread, but still no luck.

Has anyone got any other recommendations to try and solve this issue? Perhaps some experience with the HEOS app and how to successfully add a network share?

Thank you in advance.

• Maybe a different aproach, but it works for me. I've installed on my OMV 5 NAS in Docker also Bubble UPNP server. I use that to send media to the Denon. Bubble is able to send and even stream anything with use of the full potential of the Denon - 24bit 192kHz losless audio. And as Media controller i do use Linn Kazoo player. This combi makes all my wishes fullfilled.

• Had the same problem just a few days ago.

This thread is more then 1 yo.

However, these 2 lines sorted the problem on my end:

Under Services --> SMB/CIFS --> Settings --> Extra

ntlm auth = yes

server min protocol = NT1

• Offizieller Beitrag

No need to set this in the extras field anymore. Simply choose SMB1 in the server min protocol dropdown.

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!