failed upgrade from omv4 to omv5

• I have tried to follow the steps in this video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

however my upgrade failed.

I removed docker-gui before upgrading, and followed the steps listed.

currently I have

dpkg -l openmediavault

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold

| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)

||/ Name Version Architecture Description

+++-==============-============-============-===========================================================

ii openmediavault 5.5.17-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

apt-upgrade is hanging because of openmediavault-omvextrasorg

apt uprade

E: Invalid operation uprade

root@omv:~# apt upgrade

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Calculating upgrade... Done

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

1 not fully installed or removed.

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

Setting up openmediavault-omvextrasorg (5.4.2) ...

Updating configuration database ...

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--configure):

installed openmediavault-omvextrasorg package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Processing triggers for openmediavault (5.5.17-1) ...

Updating locale files ...

Updating file permissions ...

Purging internal cache ...

Restarting engine daemon ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

service seems running

systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service

● openmediavault-engined.service - The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Wed 2020-11-18 19:39:54 AEDT; 3min 46s ago

Process: 4772 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/omv-engined (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 4774 (omv-engined)

Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)

Memory: 23.0M

CGroup: /system.slice/openmediavault-engined.service

└─4774 omv-engined

Nov 18 19:39:54 omv systemd[1]: Starting The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request...

Nov 18 19:39:54 omv systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Can't open PID file /run/omv-engined.pid (yet?) after start: No such file or directory

Nov 18 19:39:54 omv systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Supervising process 4774 which is not our child. We'll most likely not notice when it exits.

Nov 18 19:39:54 omv systemd[1]: Started The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request.

and the website shows 502 Bad Gateway message from nginx.

any suggestions as to what to do next?

thanks

server info

Architecture: x86_64

CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit

Byte Order: Little Endian

Address sizes: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

CPU(s): 4

On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3

Thread(s) per core: 2

Core(s) per socket: 2

Socket(s): 1

NUMA node(s): 1

Vendor ID: GenuineIntel

CPU family: 6

Model: 58

Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Stepping: 9

CPU MHz: 1596.500

CPU max MHz: 3300.0000

CPU min MHz: 1600.0000

BogoMIPS: 6585.22

Virtualization: VT-x

L1d cache: 32K

L1i cache: 32K

L2 cache: 256K

L3 cache: 3072K

NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-3

• Offizieller Beitrag

does the video have you follow this process? You shouldn't have to remove any plugins manually if you run the script.

RE: OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• yes, the video follow that process. I would not expect that removing a plugin would mess up the upgrade, if anything it would make it easier as it is one less thing to upgrade. regardless, my upgrade failed, nginx seems not able to find php-fpm even though the service is running and the package openmediavault-omvextrasorg fails to install

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--configure):

• Offizieller Beitrag

yes, the video follow that process. I would not expect that removing a plugin would mess up the upgrade, if anything it would make it easier as it is one less thing to upgrade.

It won't mess up the upgrade. The script removes them for you - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ob/master/upgrade4to5#L34. When I see people doing things that aren't in the video, it makes me wonder what else was done that the upgrade isn't expecting.

my upgrade failed, nginx seems not able to find php-fpm even though the service is running and the package openmediavault-omvextrasorg fails to install

omvextras is failing because your openmediavault package is probably in a bad state. What is the output of:

apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg

dpkg -l | grep openm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• dpkg -l | grep openm

ii openmediavault 5.5.17-2 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ic openmediavault-diskstats 4.0.2-1 all OpenMediaVault disk monitoring plugin

rc openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1.6 all OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ic openmediavault-rsnapshot 4.2.2 all OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.

• I don't know if you are seeing the same video I put as reference, 5'10" shows the reference of the apt-get purge with all the packages he says need to be uninstalled.

copying the link again

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know if you are seeing the same video I put as reference, 5'10" shows the reference of the apt-get purge with all the packages he says need to be uninstalled.

I haven't watched the video since I wrote the script that does the upgrade. The video might have been made before I added the plugin removal.

ic openmediavault-diskstats 4.0.2-1 all OpenMediaVault disk monitoring plugin

rc openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1.6 all OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ic openmediavault-rsnapshot 4.2.2 all OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.

apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui

apt-get remove openmediavault-rsnapshot openmediavault-diskstats

omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm

If that gets the web interface working again, then you can reinstall omv-extras and rsnapshot and diskstats

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!