Problem: after changing subnet of omv5, the external connection to my nas and dns is no longer working
- I installed the latest omv5 on SD card (terramaster nas F4-422: intell cpu, 12Gb ram and 3 nic's insite) by creating an vmware image, convert the image, update grub, update os, (...) I used DHCP address with fixed lease of 192.168.1.12/24. Gateway and DNS given by dhcp: 192.168.1.1. Everything is working fine.
- I switched my server subnet 192.168.30.x/24 (by gui or omv-firstaid).
- DNS no longer working: on ssh prompt nlookup http://www.google.be -> no server found.
- external connection is no longer possible (e.g. ping)
- after reboot: I got my dhcp addresses 192.168.30.12
- after reboot the ssh message is telling me my gui is available on 192.168.30.12:80
- on the ssh prompt I see my gui is listening on *:80. with telnet I can check this: ok. site reachable
What I tried:
- omv-firstaid: nic fix addresses. somethimes it gave me errors back, sometimes not.
- omv-firstaid: reconfigure gui port
--> I checked /etc/netplan/* and applied netplan. It is not here where it is going wrong.
- restart nginx, reconfigure nginx: "omv-salt stage run deploy"
- I make sure apache is off.
- iptables => alle chains accept. No firewall configured.
- routing: my routes for the new subnet looks fine.
- manual overwrite dns in /etc/resolv.conf by adding my dns server
I slowly realised it is propably not the omv install itself, but somewhere in my OS level, my subnet is hardcoded. When I go back to the old subnet, everything is working fine.
Can someone point me out where else I can dig?