HP NC364T - 2 NICs not showing up

• Good evening,

I am trying to work out why 2 of my 4 network interfaces do not show up in OMV.

I do have 4 integrated ports, which all works and are listed as enon, while the ports on the NC364T, 2 are listed as ens4fn, and 2 are listed as renamen but disabled.

I have swapped the cables on the switch end, to check if it was an issue with the switch port, however it does not seem to be an issue with the cables or the switch.

I have booted a live cd and tried the adapter on another server and I can see all the 4 ports working just fine. Only on OMV these 2 do not show up and are not correctly renamed.

I can see all 8 PCI devices are listed, the 4 integrated and the 4 from the NC346T.

Code
    root@DL380e:~# lspci | grep net
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
    02:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
    02:00.2 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
    02:00.3 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
    05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) (rev 06)
    05:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) (rev 06)
    06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) (rev 06)
    06:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) (rev 06)

Same goes for the hardware info.

In /etc/udev/rules.d/ I can see just the default rules and none that catches these interfaces.

The only strange thing I can spot is the fact the rename8 and rename9 interfaces shows like having link "no" when exporting the data via lshw -c network -json.

Would anyone have any suggestion on how to get these 2 ports working?

Thanks!

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kavejo ()

• kavejo

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • This professional equipment is for good reasons sold together with technical support.

I've seen similar (but not identical) issues due to firmware defects, fixed by latest versions

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Thank you mi-hol,

Unfortunately that’s not the case as the same card on the same server with a live iso works just fine, as well as the same card on another server. I have tested it in the MicroServer as well as the DL360, it works fine on both. On the DL380 I see this behaviour.

The firmware is up to date as I made sure I it was updated through the latest HP SPP and verified on the HPE website that I was running the latest.

I might try to put a NC365T or a 331T, the latest has a Broadcom chip as opposed to the former which is an Intel one.

Any other idea?

Thank you!

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!