S.M.A.R.T. support is disabled after server WOL

• Every time after my server wakes from hiberation via WoL I receive the following email notification:

Zitat

Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST4000VN008-2DR166_ZGY8AL7G [SAT], Read SMART Self-Test Log Failed

By looking at the Extended Information and Device Properties I find that SMART support seems to be disabled while monitoring is still enabled:

Zitat

SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.

SMART support is: Disabled

Manually disabling and re-enabling SMART monitoring for the specific drive fixes the problem until the server wakes up again.

I have no clue on how to fix it permanently.

Device information:

Model Family: Seagate IronWolf

Device Model: ST4000VN008-2DR166

According to the SMART tests the drive has no errors.

Motherboard: Asrock AM1H-ITX

RAID config: RAID1 (Mirror)

• I managed to fix it myself.

It turned out that S.M.A.R.T. wasn't enabled in the bios.

Another change that I made was connecting the sata cables of the storage drives to the same group of sata connectors on the motherboard. The motherboard apparently has two groups of sata connectors. One group connects directly to the CPU and the other is supported by a different onboard sata controller. Connecting the storage to the same group made sense to me. Not sure though if this made any difference, because I changed the bios setting in one go.

• Trebor

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!