New openmediavault-kvm plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Too bad that the packages are not in the debian 11 repositories.

They are in backports.

aaron@omv6dev:~$ apt-cache policy swtpm swtpm-tools

swtpm:

Installed: (none)

Candidate: 0.7.1~bpo11+1

Version table:

0.7.1-1~bpo11+1 100

100 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main amd64 Packages

0.7.1~bpo11+1 500

500 http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve bullseye/pve-no-subscription amd64 Packages

0.7.0~rc1+2 500

500 http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve bullseye/pve-no-subscription amd64 Packages

0.7.0~rc1+1 500

0.6.99+1 500

swtpm-tools:

Installed: (none)

Candidate: 0.7.1~bpo11+1

Version table:

0.7.1-1~bpo11+1 100

100 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main amd64 Packages

0.7.1~bpo11+1 500

0.7.0~rc1+2 500

0.7.0~rc1+1 500

0.6.99+1 500

• What is

spice-html5 URL

noVNC url <--- this one says it is installed to the latest yet under the VM that starts spice and noVNC are N/A?
    I can use VNC and remote in but I would like to see it through a browser window? If they are installed why is the plugin not seeing

them? Do they have to be configured?

no

OMV Version: 6.9.12-3 (Shaitan) Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.13-amd64 Proxmox VM

Services: MiniDLNA | File Server (streaming and file transfers that's it.)
    System: HP Pavillion 595 | I7-8700 ( 2 vCores) | 2.1 GB Ram | 32GB VM Sys Drv | 5TB USB Media Drive | Jan 24'

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is

spice-html5 URL

noVNC url <--- this one says it is installed to the latest yet under the VM that starts spice and noVNC are N/A?
    I can use VNC and remote in but I would like to see it through a browser window? If they are installed why is the plugin not seeing

them? Do they have to be configured?

spice and vnc are the protocols. Both have a web client that can be started by the plugin if you click Start under the Console menu while have a VM selected. You will have to change the ports. After that you should be able to see a clickable url link to open the web console for each protocol.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Are the ports changed somewhere else? or when I first create the VM? I have 9 VMs currently all work, all connect to the network (cannot see internal network but not important) maybe I missed something at the start of this. What started as just a way to serve movies has now become a monster. I had no clue OMV was this versatile. I am thinking about using my main rig for OMV once I get these small learning pains over with. I digress. I might have messed up the network when initially setting up the VMs. (FOUND the ports to change now But which ports?) anyways thanks!!!

System: HP Pavillion 595 | I7-8700 ( 2 vCores) | 2.1 GB Ram | 32GB VM Sys Drv | 5TB USB Media Drive | Jan 24'

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are the ports changed somewhere else? or when I first create the VM?

Did you click the start button? It is very obvious what the ports are when you do. But if you use the links in the column, it won't really matter what you set the ports to.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Found it apologies, was forgetting to hit start was under the console lost (ha)
    Start VM then start consoles, see it finally, now where it says host VNC port thats where I change it obviously now to figure out the port.
    Again sorry, when the twins are occupied I get a short burst to figure this out haha

• Offizieller Beitrag

• Thanks, amazing, now to figure out why I cant connect to the network internally. With the video passthrough and now this that you have helped with I am forever grateful. Thank you again!!!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

why I cant connect to the network internally.

You need to setup a bridge (outside of the plugin in the Network tab). Then use the bridge with the VM.

• Zitat

You need to setup a bridge Then use the bridge with the VM.

Is this the br0 bridge already in use or is this another bridge?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this the br0 bridge already in use

Are you picking a network adapter type of bridge in the VM setup and then selecting br0?

• Negative

this is what I use

MODEL

virtio

NETWORK

bridge

Thats the problem then, I do not have a br0 although I was sure that was made. How is this all working then haha

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thats the problem then, I do not have a br0 although I was sure that was made. How is this all working then haha

The only options work fine but you just won't have bidirectional access between the host and guest.

• won't have bidirectional access between the host and guest

Would that explain why, when I started this. The network was visible from file manager and now it is vanished?
    Maybe something incorrect in the network settings? How many should I have?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your screenshot looks correct. Using the bridge on Windows guest?

• Using the bridge on Windows guest?

Smash my head... Is that it? Would this have to be changed for all machines? Within each instance? Oh man is their a link you can shoot for that if that is the case. Or is this simple as everything else?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is that it? Would this have to be changed for all machines? Within each instance? Oh man is their a link you can shoot for that if that is the case. Or is this simple as everything else?

If you added the bridge after the VMs were created, the VMs will have to be updated. The easiest way to do that is shut the VM off, add a new network adapter using the bridge and remove the old network adapter.

• Zitat

If you added the bridge after the VMs were created

Yes I do, I will have to re read the setups I used. With the network the way it is seems to work. I honestly do not where to start with that and this is for the KVM plugin. I graciously thank you. I can at least have fun with all these VM's for a bit before tackling some more days of tinkering! I went and made a VM selected the right network as you said and BOOM everything came to life. Much appreciated!!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ED-209 () aus folgendem Grund: Applied resolution

• Not sure if someone mentoined it, but when I create consoles it doesnt allow me to start, unless I change the number (even to the same ports)

Also, the url in link seems to default to omv:port/spicelink (omv as in localdns name), regardless if I use the IP address or not for the instance; sad part is sometimes omv address doesnt work and I change it manually to ip:port/spicelink and it works :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure if someone mentoined it, but when I create consoles it doesnt allow me to start, unless I change the number (even to the same ports)

Yep not much I can do about that. I have asked for the dialog to be changed in core OMV.

Also, the url in link seems to default to omv:port/spicelink (omv as in localdns name), regardless if I use the IP address or not for the instance; sad part is sometimes omv address doesnt work and I change it manually to ip:port/spicelink and it works

The link is determined on the server side. So, it doesn't know what you are navigating to the server using. It looks up the hostname in the OMV database. If omv localdns name isn't working, you need to fix your client's dns.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!