BorgBackup problems with Remote Backup

• Hi everyone!

I've recently built a home server with a raspberry pi 4 running OMV. As I have a friend with a similar setup we decided to backup each server on the other.

For privacy reasons we were searching for backup tools that would allow remote encrypted backups and we found BorgBackup.

We are following this guide to setup the borgbackup plugin for OMV, but we are having trouble in doing so. We configured the keys for SSH key authentication and we are able to connect to each other using ssh from the terminal. But, when I try to create a backup using the "add" feature of the plugin I get this message:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; BORG_PASSPHRASE='Test' /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'ssh://pi@myfriendsaddress:port/./BackupTest' 2>&1' with exit code '2': Remote: pi@myfriendsaddress: Permission denied (publickey). Connection closed by remote host. Is borg working on the server?

And:

What could the problem be?

Please let me know if you need more information,

Thank you for your help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!