Once and for all - should all docker containers be stored outside of mergerfs?

• Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I ran into trouble trying to run some docker containers (Plex) when directing them to be on a mergerfs "drive." The most common solutions I found were to move that shared folder to direct mount drive. This seemed to have fixed things.

Is this just a lazy way for me to fix something I do not understand, or is there a way to run containers from a mergerfs drive?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this just a lazy way for me to fix something I do not understand, or is there a way to run containers from a mergerfs drive

The consensus is, that container config files should be stored/placed 'outside' the mergerfs mountpoint, so you can point it to share on a drive within mergerfs or use separate drive.

There are two explanations here and here so there is a workaround by changing the options within the plugin.

• Thank you.

Is it kosher to make shared folder on lets say disk a, if disk a, b and c are in a shared mergerfs pool as well?
    Also why do some containers work flawlessly -- looking at unifi, while others do not -- plex? It feels like a permission issue rather than just mergerfs. But point taken. Move config out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The links contain a quite a lot of information on how you can overcome this, but the best option is create a share on a drive within the mergerfs mountpoint as you have suggested and point all container configs to it.

TBH I am surprised that some work, but media servers seem to be the main problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!