Moving shared folder to another filesystem. bind mounts in fstab not updated.

• Hello,

I've finished a storage migration on my 2 OMV5 instances (VMs under Proxmox with pass-through disks) from various RAID flavors on several 2TB HDDs to few un-mirrored SSDs.

Method used:

0.- Update OMV to latest

1.- Attach SSD to the OMV VM

2.- Wipe the SSD

3.- Encrypt the SSD (this was is an extra step)

4.- Create a single filesystem on the SSD

5.- Initial copy (using rsync CLI) of the content of shared folders from different FS (RAIDs) to the new FS (SSD) (pass#1)

6.- Stop all clients, and reboot OMV5 VM

7.- Update copy (using rsync CLI) of the content of shared folders from different FS (RAIDs) to the new FS (SSD) (pass#2)

8.- Move the Shared Folders using the GUI from old FS to the new one.

9.- Stop/Start services (CIFS/NFS/RSYNC) or reboot

10.- Restart clients

11.- Delete & umount old FS, delete/wipe old disks & detach HDD from the VM.

Everything went smoothly with a very little downtime on clients (steps 6 - 10) but each time I've moved shared folders with NFS share (all went OK for CIFS/rsync/FTP only shared folders) it didn't reconfigure NFS correctly. In fact, the bind mounts under /export in /etc/fstab were not rewritten with the new FS mount point after the move + config update. I've not moved the shared folders all at the same time but one after the other applying config each time.

As I'm not salt expert, I ended by removing each NFS share, checking that the bind mount was removed in fstab before recreating the share -> valid fstab config.

So I guess there's a bug/missing action when moving a shared folder with NFS share configured from one FS to another in the GUI.

Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!